Thursday, September 1, 2011

The lovely time between quarters

This is a nice time for instructors, typically - and perhaps for students as well, in that it gives me a moment to pause. This week I am reviewing my summer quarter work and readying classrooms and am taking stock in lessons learned from this summer so as to inform my fall quarter plans. I am trying to get caught up on loose ends and am enjoying the relatively quiet meeting schedule this week. Having been off for a few days does put a crimp in my normal 'pause' but it is still a nice downshift none-the-less.

I am looking forward to fall quarter and working with our students on analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data. Perhaps I am a tad biased, but I cannot, again, help but think how much I would have loved such an opportunity in my graduate training.

AES

No comments:

Post a Comment