Thursday, December 8, 2011

Third Quarter of Lab!

Here we are, starting our third quarter of this research lab. Our week has started off our formal conversation about where/how to publish the data we have thus far. I recall when I was a graduate student, I was very eager to get a publication and this entire side of academia seemed like a big mystery that was potentially unattainable. I did eventually get that first publication but it took quite a bit of work.

In addition to setting up the classroom, we instructors have had our first instructor meeting for the quarter. I must say - one of the most enjoyable aspects of this experience (and there have been many) is working with my colleagues in such a new, unique, and flexible manner. I feel quite fortunate to be able to work with each other, support each other, and pick up where another leaves off - knowing that the same will occur for me.

It is going to be interesting to see where we are at the end of this quarter, compared to where we are now. Students have begun to list many journals as possible targets for submission and at the moment, I cannot see where the publication will go - so I look forward to seeing how this all unfolds.

One thing I do know, publishing takes time and perseverance. Hopefully, we are all up for it!

Welcome back everyone,
AES

No comments:

Post a Comment