After reading Dr. Lee's post, it brought to mind how I came into this whole arena. I am a clinical psychologist by training. Aging and the oldest old is not something I thought much about. But Dr. Lee and I were friends and I would share experiences I was having with my in-laws... medical concerns, social concerns, support concerns, and questions about the aging process. I was having difficulty finding relevant research to help me learn about aging and why some folks age well and others: not so much. Surprisingly, Dr. Lee came back to me and said she could not find relevant research either.... so let's do some research ourselves!!!
I came to realize that if one leaves themselves open for new experiences, the options are endless. I don't know that I have answered the questions that first brought me to this research, but I know I have developed some questions that, if answered, will help someone else looking to expand their understandingof the aging process.
What I want to share with all of you is that opportunity comes when you least expect it. It will pass you by if you don't leave yourself open to it!!!
MG
No comments:
Post a Comment