Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Waiting

This is a quiet week, everything is ready for summer quarter and the new project to start. Student researchers have been emailing me that they have received the info/ equipment I sent. So as far as the new project goes - we are poised to begin.

Meanwhile, with the LOC study, we are still waiting for a couple of raters on the earliest memory portion. I received a new book today so I can begin writing a short report on our new sampling technique. For those that might be interested it is:

Knight, G.P., Roosa, M.W., & Umana-Taylor, A.J. (2009). Studying Ethnic Minority and Economically Disadvantaged Populations: Methodological challenges and best practices. APA: DC.

Did I mention that we had a poster on this topic accepted to be in Walden's summer research symposium in Minneapolis? If you will be there - be sure to stop by our poster and say hi. Here is the info and abstract (we are only allowed 50 words) for our poster to give you a sneak peek:

A Multi-Point Referral Research Method Utilizing Walden University Student Researchers
Lee Stadtlander, Ph.D., Martha J. Giles, Ph.D., and Amy Sickel, Ph.D.

Use of a multi-point referral research method is discussed in which 9 student researchers from across the U.S .were instructed to ask for referrals from their social network, with the rule that final participants must not be known. An ethnically diverse sample resulted; implications affect both participant and student recruitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment