Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Many emails

I sent out 35 student researcher applications today! I also finally got a toll free fax number - you are welcome to use it to submit application materials if you wish: 855-505-4173.

We have had a number of students pose various questions to us in their emails, which tends to take some time to get resolved when working with 3 people. The other things I worked on today was setting up some mechanisms to keep track of applications, and what has been submitted/ done with each one. I set up an Excel spreadsheet that will track who submitted an application, if I sent a request for recommendation, and if we received it, along with the state the student is from. We would really like to get people from around the country - so that part is important. It is always hardest to get people from the center of the country for some reason.

I had to contact Walden's IT service today - I kept getting error messages in my email because of all of the large files I have been sending/ receiving. They helped me archive some of my old stuff - which freed up more room and made the server happy.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Stadtlander,

    I just found out from IT yesterday that we can get external drives to back up our email/Outlook....did you know that? Given all of the documentation that transpires via email for this research, that might be worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete