Several student's have used me for recommendations, which is great! But as with CVs, make sure you let the individual know that you are putting them down as a reference or for a recommendation. Faculty can have over 500 students a year in courses.... a lot, Huh?!!? If students would just send me an email stating they are wanting to use me for a recommendation, they were in my ___ class in spring of 2010, and would I be willing to be involved...it would make things simpler for them and me. I could go back to that class and look the student up, see old posts or papers and have a visual reminder of their work. I wish I could say that I remember each student I have had, but I just don't.... I guess I am getting old. I really think that any time you are using an individual for a recommendation or a reference, you need to contact that person before hand and let them know.
Martha Giles
No comments:
Post a Comment