We are continuing with our interviews this week, I'll talk more about these later this week. I had a conversation this past weekend and someone asked me "why would would someone want to be in the control group of your study?" I thought it might be worth talking about that. Being in the control group of our study allows you to be involved in the research study without having the time commitment involved in being in the lab. But personally, I think it is more than that... how many times have you written a paper or taken a test and you just tossed the graded in paper in a drawer or throw it away? Being involved in a study makes you an intregal part of the process, you are contributing directly to science - your survey results will be included in the final data analysis and be part of the final published paper. Your survey results won't be tossed away - they will be a part of the project data. As an added bonus, we will mention you in the acknowledgement in the final paper :)
There are still a couple of openings for people in the control group. Interested? Send me an email leann.stadtlander@waldenu.edu
Lee Stadtlander
No comments:
Post a Comment