Monday, April 18, 2011

Collecting info

Today we have been collecting info from our students - consent and confidentiality forms. I have also been working on the syllabus for the 2nd quarter of the lab. This one is more difficult, since we have not previously done anything like this before - students will be analyzing data. It is hard to plan that far ahead.

We still have one more opening in the control group - the only requirement is to take 2 surveys at the begining of each quarter and at at the end of the project. As a thank you we will give you a $50 gift card to Amazon for participating. Interested? Please email me.

2 comments:

  1. I have a question about the syllabus. Is the framework process driven or specific to the data that has been collected?

    In the engingeering areana, the analytical process was defined according to standards and principles set forth by ISO 9000. Then the engineers were asked to evaluate the project against the ISO 9000 standards and develop specific tasks and timelines for projects. It was appropriate to add or detract from the standards as long as the tests for valdidity and relaiabiity were not altered.

    Geary Brewer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geary,
    I am not entirely sure I understand what you are asking. This is a group project, so individual changes would be possible. We have developed the syllabus based upon our project with readings to educate the students in the areas we will be working. For example, they will learn about the oldest old, the measures we are using, and mixed method research.Did I address your question?

    ReplyDelete